Why is this important?
- Student success is influenced by a variety of factors, and not all student needs can be addressed in the classroom.
- Support services staff provide students with additional resources needed to improve opportunities for success both in and beyond the classroom.
How are we doing?
- The number of counselors, nurses, and speech specialists in Sacramento County decreased by 16% between the 2002-03 and 2011-12 school years.
- For each support staff professional, there are 330 Sacramento County public school students.
- The ratio for California overall is 255 students for each support staff professional.
Data Source: California Department of Education